This Is Ole Miss
OLE MISS BY ALL COUNTS
- Ole Miss is 26 percent larger than it was just five years ago.
- The last freshman class was 48 percent higher than five years ago.
- Students hail from all 50 states and 92 countries around the world.
- Our School of Accountancy is ranked #6 in the country.
- The Medical Center is home of the world’s best-selling medical physiology textbook, which has been translated into 18 languages (and counting).
- $301 million of construction projects are underway or out to bid.
- We have $287 million of new facilities on the drawing board, with several starting this year.
- The Student Union will double in size over the next three years.
- The Honors College will double in size early next year.
- A 9,500-seat arena is under construction.
- Three certified arborists manage the thousands of trees on campus, ranging from bald cypress to Yoshino cherry. Our campus includes 100 acres of native woods and 1,000 total acres of land.
- Color is a big part of campus beauty. We plant 20,000 annuals, including tulips and daffodils, each spring. We have about 10,000 square feet of perennial beds on campus, and groundskeepers change out colors each spring and fall.
- After the last home football game, our landscaping team used 4,500 pounds of tall fescue seed to replace the 10 acres of grass in the Grove.